Care Dependency Grant Application Guidelines, Forms, How to Apply, Application Deadline, How to check application status, and Payment Dates.
Care Dependency Grant
The South African government offers the Care Dependency Grant to parents, foster parents, or primary caregivers of children under 18 who need full-time care because of a physical or mental handicap. The child must not be receiving care at a state-funded institution but must instead be receiving care in their permanent home.
How much is the Care Dependency Grant
The worth of the Care Dependency Grant is R1 990 per child, per month, though the value of the grant is subject to change every 6 month.
Care Dependency Grant Eligibility Requirements
To be qualified for this grant, the following is advised;
- You must be a South African Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Refugee
- You must be a parent, a foster parent or a primary care-giver of a child under 18 years old
- The child must NOT be receiving permanent care in a state-funded institution
- You and the child must both reside within South Africa
- You must be able to prove that the child is severely disabled and is receiving permanent care or support services
- You and your spouse must meet the requirements of a means test – see the amount below (this does not apply to foster parents)
How to Apply for Care Dependency Grant
To Apply, follow the steps below;
Step 1. Visit SASSA’s official website
Step 2. Navigate to “SASSA application portal”, Click on it
Step 3. Get the application Form (Fill in Correctly)
Step 4. Click on submit, to submit your application
Make sure to upload all necessary, and required documents.
Care Dependency Grant Supporting Documents
Applicants are required to have certain documents ready to upload to SASSA during the application process, of a few are;
- Birth certificate or identification card for the child (if this is not available, you may submit an affidavit to confirm personal information)
- IDs for both you and your spouse (Either of you may submit an affidavit to confirm your personal details if neither of you has an ID document
Any of the following can serve as proof of all household income:
- Paystubs if you are employed
- UIF card if you are receiving UIF Affidavit if you are not If on a pension, a pension receipt
- Evidence of any child support payments made or that you have tried but were unsuccessful in getting support from the other biological parent
Any of the following can serve as proof of your marital status:
- a certified copy of your marriage certificate
- If you are divorced, get a divorce order
How long does it take for Care Dependency Grant applications to be processed?
Applications are assessed within 30 business day, after which time you will be informed in writing, whether your application was approved or rejected. If you were rejected, SASSA will provide a reason for your rejection.
To cancel your Application, CLICK HERE
SASSA Contact Details
- Physical address: BKB Building, Cnr Fitzpatrick and Merino Road, Quigney, East London, 5200
- Postal address: Private Bag X9001, Chiselhurst, East London, 5200
- Telephone: 043 707 6300 / 043 707 6472 / 043 707 6335
- Fax: 043 707 6481 / 043 707 6487
- Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Use the comment section for more Enquiries concerning SASSA.
DO NOT HESITATE TO SHARE WITH FRIRNDS!