South African Nursing Council -SANC New Nursing Curriculum for 2023 Academic Year.
New Nursing Qualifications
The Nursing Council has published further information on the implementation of the New Nursing Education Qualifications. This information includes circulars on:
- Curriculum Framework for entry levels of nursing
- Revised Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Policy Guidelines; and
- Policy on Accreditation Appeals Process
What Qualifications Do I Need to Become a Nurse?
To qualify as a nurse, you can do one of the following:
- a four-year bachelor degree in nursing (BCur– Bachelor of Nursing Science, Education & Administration)
- a three-year diploma
- a one-year higher certificate in auxiliary nursing
- one-year postgraduate advanced diploma in nursing and midwifery on top of your degree or diploma.
After you get your qualification, you have to register with the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
You can choose to complete your qualification at a public tertiary institution or at a private nursing college. These private colleges, such as Mediclinic, Netcare Education or Life College, offer the same diplomas or degrees as the universities and universities of technology.
Bachelor Degree in Nursing Science (BCur)
The bachelor’s degree in nursing is generally a four-year-long course that is offered by most public universities in South Africa: UCT, Wits, Stellies (only postgrad), UP, UWC, NWU, UKZN, UNISA, etc. The degree consists of both a compulsory practical clinical training component and a theoretical component. Once you have completed a BCur (or equivalent), you are able to register as a professional nurse and midwife with the SANC.
It is recommended that you take Mathematics, Physical Sciences and Life Sciences, but this is not compulsory at all institutions. You will need a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification at exit level 4, with:
- English (50-59%)
- First additional or home language (50-59%)
- Life Sciences (50-59%)
- Maths Literacy (50-59%)
- Life Orientation (50-59%)
SANC New Nursing Curriculum PDF
To get the SANC New Nursing Curriculum, follow the instructions below;
- You will need a strong internet connection, and a device capable of opening pdf files.
- once you have these requirements, getting the curriculum right with you, wont be an issue, just use the link below to download your curriculum.
SANC New Nursing Curriculum PDF –Download Here.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!