Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority -TVETA Registration and Licencing Portal.
In the south african Educational System, it is required that all TVET trainers are registered and licensed by the TVET Authority Board, and all applications are to be submitted through the online platform of TVETA.
We will guide you through some steps and queries many encounters while trying to access the TVETA Registration portal.
How to Apply to TVETA for Licencing
Apply for the Letter of No Objection via the NOC button, as shown. NOTE, one has to
register first to create the account. At this stage, the status of the application is pending until the final approval is completed.
How do I know my TVETA Application is successful?
Upon successful account creation, the application is sent to TVETA for approval. You will
receive a confirmation in the form of ”Registration Successful”.
Once your application is approved, Proceed to your dashboard to download the Letter of No Objection, at this point, you are done with this, then proceed to the online application process via the link below.
After confirmation of the application, you will be redirected to the payment tab. There
are instructions on how to make your payment. Read through the image below;
Under the confirmation tab, review the entire application as captured, checking for any
shortcomings. Once satisfied with the details, review the Terms & Conditions, at the end of the page.
Acknowledge the authenticity of the details by checking the Declaration.
TVETA Application Process
The application is done online and submitted through the TVET MIS portal accessible below.
TVETA Application Requirements
The application needs to be accompanied by documentary evidence of the following requirements:
- At least a Craft Certificate (awarded by an approved qualification awarding institution) – KNEC/KICD, CDACC, NPs, KASNEB, NITA or an accredited university (local or foreign)
- Pedagogy training i.e.,
- Bachelor of Education degree, Bachelor of Technology Education degree, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extension, Postgraduate Diploma in Education from a recognized university, or
- Diploma in Technical Education/Final Level Instructor Training from the Kenya School of TVET (formerly Kenya Technical Trainers College – KTTC)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD). This requirement is ONLY applicable to those renewing their trainer license after a 3-year expiry period.
- Before submission of the online application form, make sure to attach certified copies of academic and professional certificates and pay the requisite charges.
- A trainer license is valid for a period of three years after which you are required to renew the license.
- First-time (new/fresh) application – KES 1,000.00
- Renewal of trainer license after a 3-year expiry period – KES 500.00
- Upgrading of a trainer license after acquiring a higher qualification of KES 1,000.00
Any person who contravenes the provisions of the TVET Act, 2013 commits an offense and is liable on conviction to a fine of a sum not exceeding one million shillings or imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years or to both as provided for in sections 17(4), 22(4) and 56.
How to Access the TVETA Login Portal
If you are new to accessing the TVETA Portal, the portal can be accessed in two ways:
- Via a link shared on the TVETA Website (https://www.tveta.go.ke/)
- Access the portal directly via https://mis.tveta.go.ke/
TVETA Contact Details
In case of any challenge, write an email to [email protected]
SHARE WITH FRIENDS.