How to register for KCPE 2023
Heads of universities with students regularly attending school are responsible to investigate and ensure that;
1. Schools with less than five (5) candidates will not be allowed to register candidates for the 2023 examinations as independent examination centres. Such schools are advised to liaise with the respective Sub-County Directors of Education (SCDEs) to identify an approved KNEC examination centre with more than five (5) candidates for their learners to be registered.
2. Examination centres with less than thirty (30) candidates shall be hosted in examination centres to be identified by Sub-County Directors, in line with the guidelines provided by KNEC on the
- SCDEs and Heads of Institutions are required to log into the KNEC registration portal for capturing of the registration details of the examination centres and candidates using their examination centre log-in credentials.
- For KCSE examination, Principals are required to upload candidates’ passport size photographs (300 x 300 pixels).
- All candidates registered for KNEC examinations must be bonafide, school-going pupils/students in their respective schools, who are transiting to their respective examination class. Registration of ghost candidates constitutes an examination malpractice, which attracts sanctions, including de-registration of the school as a KNEC examination centre.
KCPE Registration Requirements
- Correct spellings and order of candidates’ names as documented in their Birth Certificates;
- Year of birth;
- Subjects registered for; and
- Information on different categories of candidates with special needs and disabilities (i.e. Visual Impairments (totally blind who require Braille/ Low Vision); hearing impairment and physical impairment).
KCPE Examination Fees
|Description / Examination||KCPE||KCSE|
|Number of Subjects||5||7||8||9|
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!