The Higher Education Loan Board -HELB Online Application Portal, Forms, How to Apply, Application Procedure, Requirements and Application Closing Date.
The HELB Application Portal is opened for all students be it self sponsored or a KUCCPS Student, therefore; all students are required to go online for their HELB Application Exercise. Check Details Below.
Students are advised to apply at least one month before the opening date to allow ample time for processing and remittance. The application period is January through July every year.
Management of HELB loans
How to apply for a HELB Loan as a First Time Applicant
- Access the HELB Student Portal and click on “create an account” to register.
- Once you create the account, log in and pick the Undergraduate First Time Loan Application Form you want.
- You can read the literature or view the videos on Financial Literacy then participate in the online brief exercise.
- Access and fill the loan application form.
- It is mandatory that you print TWO copies of the Loan Application Form you have filled.
- Take the two forms you have printed to the relevant authorities for stamping.
- It is also mandatory that you retain a complete copy of the Loan Application Form
- One recent colored passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Copies of the parents’ National ID Cards/death certificate where the parent is deceased
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s Smart Card from the institution
- A copy of the Applicant’s national ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card (for Government-sponsored students only)
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter and KCSE result slip/certificate
How to apply on the HELB App as a second and Subsequent applicant
- The student should first download the HELB Mobile Application from the Google play store.
- In the Helb App, register your details (First name, Phone, Email Address, National ID and KRA PIN number)
- This will generate a PIN which you will use to log in
- Accept the license agreement.
- Make sure you use your Safaricom Number (That the Mpesa and Safaricom account is registered in your name)
- Read and understand the mandatory Financial literacy notes and do the Question & Answer.
- Scroll to the bottom to view results then click “proceed”.
- Click on loans then select undergraduate loans to get the Undergraduate Subsequent Loan Application Form.
- Follow the step carefully while filling in the required details then click submit.
- A message will pop-up and the loan serial number displayed to indicate that you have successfully applied for the loan.
- Ksh. 1 will be charged from your mpesa account when verifying your telephone number.
Those students who are not Safaricom subscribers will be directed to the Helb Portal to apply using the application form. After filling the form they will print and submit it to the HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1 Floor at Anniversary Towers.
How to Create a HELB Portal Account
To Create a HELB Account, follow the guidelines;
Visit our website www.helb.co.ke
Click on “Apply for a Loan”
Click “Register Here” to register your credentials (First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, *ID Number, *Valid Email Address, Password) and Click “Sign Up”
An *Activation Link is immediately sent to your personal email address.
Login to your personal email address to access the HELB Portal *activation link and click on it.
Login to the HELB Portal from the activation link
Update Personal and Residence Details and Click “Save”
Choose Appropriate Loan Product to Apply
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!